Serving on staff means joining in the mission of connecting all generations to Jesus. As you consider your calling in light of any job opportunities listed here, please take the time to learn more About Rockland Community Church.
Choir Director and Worship Leader
General Job Description:
It is the function of the Choir Director and Worship Leader to provide a quality music program, which promotes Christian values and musical worship of God in both contemporary and traditional / blended services.
• This person should be a maturing Christian who demonstrates a deep love and faith commitment to the Lord, a call to the ministry and service to the church.
• He/she shall possess a heart for worship, the ability to lead and teach people about worship, and strong vocal and instrumental directional skills.
• This person should be self-motivated, organized, be able to effectively and compassionately work with people, and have experience with developing and leading worship teams, especially volunteers.
• He/she will have experience directing an adult choir. This person should be able to lead traditional / blended worship as we practice it at Rockland.
• A bachelors in vocal/choral conducting is preferred
• Serve as the shepherd of the choir, making disciples of these musicians, and developing positive connections amongst the members of the choral team
• Work closely with the Pastors and Pianist/Organist to coordinate the adult choir music
• Coordinate and implement all activities of the Adult Choir
o Prepare and conduct a weekly adult choir rehearsal on Wednesday evening
o Conduct all adult choir participation at Sunday worship services
o Organize and direct special music events. (Christmas Cantata, Christmas Eve, Easter/Lent, Maundy Thursday, Ash Wednesday, etc.)
o Select appropriate music for the anthem in coordination with other music staff and pastors
• Ensure that detail, related to the efficient operation of the choir program, is accomplished
o Maintain music library in conjuction with volunteers
o Work closely with the choir liason from the Worship Ministry Team
• Serve as the Worship Leader on Sunday morning during the first hour.
• Work with the Organist/Pianist to prepare, rehearse and execute the traditional service
• Act as primary joy giver to the congregation, in an energetic, uplifting, and engaging manner
• Cultivate a team of volunteer musicians and singers to participate in worship
• Playing guitar is preferred
• Attend meetings
o Staff meeting and Chapel
o Weekly Worship Planning meeting
o Be involved in the annual Worship Ministry Team budget along with the worship staff and the Worship Ministry Team
o Be fiscally responsible to the Adult choir budget
o Arrange for a substitute Adult Choir Director and/or Worship Leader as needed
o Notify Pastors and Organist/Pianist of dates of absence and name and expectations of substitute
• Be punctual and prepared for all required rehearsals and services
• Other duties as assigned
Supervisor: Lead Pastor, Jim Gribnitz
Time Requirement: Average of 20 hours per week
To apply please submit resume and video to Kyle Buchanan: email@example.com