Here at Rockland we provide a one-year course for 9th grade students called “Confirmation.”
This course is by no means a required step in a young Christian’s spiritual journey, however it is specifically designed to significantly strengthen one’s overall spiritual maturity. Confirmation at Rockland is essentially an intense year of discipleship where students will broadly learn on a deep level what we
believe as Christians in the first semester and will be challenged to serve both in the church and in the community the second semester.
Our goal is that through the channels of the head and the hands
we will ultimately have an effect on the heart to the point that students will live lives that
embrace love for God and love for people.
The final step in Confirmation is for each student to publicly proclaim real faith in Jesus Christ.
Student Ministry Staff
303.526.0668 ext 205
Expectations for students:
- Regular attendance for Confirmation Class
- Sundays at 10:30 am in the garage.
- First Semester: September 13 – December 13, (No Class November 22 or 29).
- Second Semester: January 12 and March 15 only.
- Learn the New City Catechism (spread out over the first semester).
- Attend the Confirmation Retreat. (November 14-15)
- Write a personal understanding of the Christian faith.
- Participate in Confirmation service projects (spread out over the second semester).
- Actively discover gifts and passions in ministry by serving in various areas of the church (this will happen over the entire second semester).
- Conduct a final interview with student ministry staff during the month of April.
- Publicly confirm genuine faith in Jesus Christ on Confirmation Sunday (May 2) at Rockland.