One big lesson ...
The Book of Romans is a single letter that encompasses so many of the profound truths of our precious faith in one work.
Can't make a service? Check it out online here!
ROCKAND LIVE STREAM AND VIDEO ARCHIVE
Think about it....
- The righteous live by faith.
- God is the only, right Judge over all His creation.
- We are all accountable to Him whether we know it, like it, or believe it or not. It is true.
- This gospel is for everyone (Jews and Gentiles alike): all who put their faith in Christ.
- We are saved by grace through faith and not by works.
- Our salvation is a gift from God, not something we are owed.
- Everyone is a sinner ("in Adam") and some of us are saved and forgiven ("in Christ").
- We are not saved by works of the law and our own righteousness, but God's imputed righteousness to us in Jesus Christ.
- We can have peace with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We live a life now that is dad to sin and alive to Christ.
- We are not slaves to sin - it has no hold over us.
- We have the promise of heaven in our future and nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
Wow. (And that only take us to about chapter 8....)
You know what has not been highlighted yet, but is seen throughout the letter and the rest of the New Testament? There is a marvelously important truth that we need to be reminded of today.
We are KNOWN by God.
In Knowing God, J.I. Packer writes:
"What matters supremely, is not, in the last analysis, the fact that I know God, but the larger fact which underlies it—that He knows me. I am graven on the palms of His hands. I am never out of His mind. All my knowledge of Him depends on His sustained initiative in knowing me. I know Him because He first knew me, and continues to know me. He knows me as a friend, one who loves me; and there is no moment when His eye is off me, or His attention distracted from me, and no moment, therefore, when His care falters. This is momentous knowledge. There is unspeakable comfort … in knowing that God is constantly taking knowledge of me in love and watching over me for my good. There is tremendous relief in knowing that His love is utterly realistic, based at every point on prior knowledge of the worst about me, so that no discovery now can disillusion Him about me, in the way I am so often disillusioned about myself, and quench His determination to bless me."
Of the billions of people that have ever lived, you and I are known by Him!
Thanks be to God.