Important Note for Rockland re: Chris Dodge's retirement!
As I mentioned last year, Chris Dodge is officially retiring from Rockland after 17 years and this is her last Sunday on staff. In the services this weekend, I am going to take a moment to say some words about her so I hope you can be there or tune in!
I'll try and keep my words to a minimum on Sunday or I could babble on forever about Chris and what she has meant to me and Nikki since we moved here five years ago. She has been a true friend and partner in ministry.
Here is a note from Chris in her own words...
It is hard to believe it was over 17 years ago when I left the corporate world to come to a part-time job (haha) at Rockland. It was the best career decision I have ever made and God’s hand was in that process the whole way! I believe I was called to work here.
I have grown as a person, and in my faith while here. I pray that I have had the opportunity to make a difference in many ways for the church and for the congregation.
As I reflect on my career at Rockland, here are some of my favorite highlights -
- Hiring over 40 staff members – and my continued relationships with them
- Coordinating over 90 memorial services for Rockland families and the community
- Going on 5 High School/Middle School mission trips, & treasuring relationships with the students and other leaders
- Many facility upgrade projects over the years, maybe my favorite was coordinating the staff working in trailers while the center section of the church was torn down and rebuilt!
- Working hard with Ken and Coleen to help Rockland become debt-free
- Working with so many dear congregation members over the years
- Working to document my area of ministry for my successor
I have many dear friends at Rockland and beyond from my time here. These will be lifelong friendships!
I am ready for the next chapter and excited to be able to retire. Don’t yet know what that means, but once COVID is behind us, I will be seeking God’s plan on how to continue to make a difference in the lives of others. I hope to hear one day, well done good and faithful servant- just not too soon!
Love you all - Chris
I hope her life of service inspires you all to live well for Jesus Christ and serve Him. It has sure inspired me!
See you Sunday,
P.S. - If you want to drop Chris a card, just send it to the office and we can get it to her!
More in News & Stories
February 28, 2021Rockland notes including NEW STAFF MEMBER ANNOUNCEMENT!
February 28, 2021I Am What I Am?
February 28, 2021Meet the New Pastor!