Our Children's Ministry programs include children from birth to 5th grade. At The ROCK we strive to create a place for children to grow together in Christ as individuals and as families. At the same time, we provide opportunities for parents and children to integrate into the entire community where they can worship, connect, serve, and give.
Children and Family Ministry Director
303.526.0668 ext. 206
Children’s Ministry Coordinator
303.526.0668 ext. 301
Nursery – 5th Grade: 9:00 & 10:30 am
We love connecting kids to God's Word! it is a privilege to introduce children to Jesus each and every week, and a joy to walk with them on their journey of growing faith. We are grateful for the wonderful team of volunteers who lead and care for our kids, as they share the hope of Jesus Christ.
In all of our classes, children hear directly from God's story, the Bible. They learn how it connects to their lives today so they can apply Biblical Truths to everyday life. Lessons are designed with kids in mind; providing fun, age-appropriate activities that always point to Jesus.
If you are new to The Rock, we look forward to welcoming your child.
- When you first arrive, we invite you to visit the "Kid's Check In" table near Fellowship Hall.
- At the “Kid’s Check In” you will get your child registered or checked in with the Children’s Staff or an assigned Volunteer
- Obtain a name tag for your child or children
- Find a seat in the Sanctuary and prepare to Worship. If you have a child under age 3, please feel free to check them into the nursery downstairs before the service starts.
- Approximately fifteen to twenty minutes into the service, the children will receive an invitation to come forward to the front of the Sanctuary for a short Children’s Time. Afterwards, all children will be excused. They will gather in the hallway outside the Sanctuary where they will meet their Sunday school teachers. The Children’s Staff and teachers will escort the children to their classrooms downstairs.
- At the end of the Worship service, proceed downstairs to pick up your child from their classroom. Check the room location signs posted throughout the building.
For your toddler, you may be wondering: nursery or preschool? Children who have reached the age of 3 are encouraged to join the preschool Sunday school class. Our staff and teachers want to support this important transition, so please let us now how we can help.
- KidzLife Wednesday night program for age 3 – 5th grade (Mid-September thru Early May)
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and MOPPETS program for little ones on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays (September - May)
2018 VBS- Shipwrecked
- June 18-22, 2018 from 9am-Noon! - Ages 3 (by 5/1) - 5th Grade Graduates
- Registration Deadline: June 04, 2018- (Priority registration for Rockland Families began April 1st. Registration for the general public began April 30th)
- VBS Registration Forms HERE
- Would you like to volunteer on the Shipwrecked Crew? Fill out the form HERE
Special Programs & Events
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) - June 18-22, 2018 (Sign up HERE for VBS)
- 3rd Grade Bible Sunday
- 5th Grade Communion Preparation Program
- Family Night with David Laflin - May 11, 2018 (Sign up HERE for a fun night with the family!)
- Special gatherings to encourage parents as they navigate the road of parenting, learn more about Christ and continue to grow in their faith.
Serve With Us
Connect the dots from God’s Word to children’s hearts when you serve as a volunteer in children's ministry. You can choose Sundays, midweek or special events. Just take a look at the options in our Serve blog.